Sunday 15 June 2014

Biography

write a short biography  of your academic career, with an emphasis on your teaching role or (if not teaching) plans to teach. You might also briefly discuss either (1) your past experiences with teaching (good, bad, indifferent) or (2) what skills you would like to acquire or enhance to augment your teaching role.
you will be creating a mock biography so to speak.  Be creative!  This is one time that you can improvise.  Make up a good story about yourself.
Here is an example
My name is so and so. I am an Associate Professor and Chairperson of the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies and Associate Dean, Southern New Jersey for the UMDNJ-School of Health Related Professions. I have been with School since 1986, first serving as Director of Faculty Development, then as Chairperson of the Department of Allied Dental Education before moving into my current position. My main educational interests are the development of programs to enhance the careers of entry-level health care practitioners, and distance education. To this end, I created the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences and the Master of Science in Health Systems programs. Both programs are offered online and are geared towards advancing the skills of health care professionals. I also participate in the PhD in Health Sciences program, serving as an advisor to graduate students. I teach several online graduate courses and work with professional organizations by offering SHRP online programs and courses for their membership. I have published in several professional journals, written book chapters, made numerous national presentations, and received funding for several educational grant programs. I am an active member of the American Society for Allied Health Schools and CLMA: Leadership in Clinical Systems Management.

No comments:

Post a Comment